Belanda Consulting was established in 2007 by Dr Jacqueline Allyson Dempster ('Jay') who has over 25 years' experience in supporting education, innovation & business improvement, working with individuals, teams, national agencies and SMEs, and specialising in strategic review, operational efficiency, digital transformation, entrepreneurship, communications & marketing, and the evaluation of impact from innovation and change programmes.
With this unique mix of expertise, we well-placed to offer our clients a unique blend of 'big picture' strategic insights and practical implementation support to help you achieve your project or organisational objectives.
Working with the network of professionals, including members of the ibd Business Advice Group, Association of Business Mentors & Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs, partnering with Jay & colleagues assures you of professional, accredited business support. We have delivered regional business support through framework such as Marketing Birmingham and National Enterprise Allowance Schemes.
As experienced presenters and facilitators, you can also call on us to support your speaking engagements, as well as to provide bespoke training & mentoring services.
Jay is well known for her professionalism & strategic insights and her innate ability to inspire & transfer practice to others and help bring about positive change. She works with organisations to help them synergise, systematise & streamline business operations, working to transform culture & structures, people & processes, communication & inter-working.
In Jay's own words:
As well as her work in not-for-profit sectors (education, charities, social housing, health, police), Jay has many years experience in building, supporting & marketing small businesses. She works in the main with service based businesses, supporting SMEs as diverse as professional services, hotels, food retail, e-commerce, wellness and wealth management.
Combining consultancy with training & mentoring, Jay's education-driven approach to working with clients yields many gains to the people and processes of the business. Over the years, she has mentored hundreds of individuals at various stages of their life, career & business: from students to entrepreneurs, from local business owners to network marketers, from university professionals to executive directors.
"To make good decisions, we often need to return to our original vision, whether personally or organisationally, and check back that the activities we are undertaking are indeed taking us in the desired direction and having an impact.
Of course, businesses push for the usual goals: to produce greater revenue, be more cost-effective, have better cash flow etc, but rather than just focusing on the balance sheet, or on sales & ROI, sometimes success comes from returning to your core purpose and distinctiveness in the market place. This way, you can get clearer on your brand, your audience & really laser target your offer - strategic marketing is an increasing area we are helping clients with now.
Couple this with developing the right cultural mindset, marketing strategy & business model gives a powerful thrust to motivation, power & leverage to thrive (not just survive), which makes ALL the difference to your chance of success.
The natural next step is to work with a consultant or mentor/coach as a review project on a regular basis to enhance your management and business performance and achieve optimal operational health."
For a discussion of your needs please leave Jay a message directly by:
phone 0845 860 0065 (local call rate) or email: email@example.com
Specialising in operational and change management within complex structural and customer environments; people development, performance review, process review, recruitment, supply chain.
Specialising in e-learning in higher education, expertise in curriculum design & delivery, pedagogy & learner experiences, digital literacies, evaluation.
Specialising in research development and supporting professional associations, expertise includes accreditation, evaluation, contract researcher support, stakeholder management.
Specialising in economic development, innovation, inward investment & regeneration for business & local authorities, 25+ years experience in the field working in the UK and as project manager for European programmes.
Specialising in business to business marketing, web design, expertise in helping local businesses to improve their brand awareness, online presence, search engine optimisation & relationship management.
Belanda Consulting works in collaboration with a number of other independent consultants & companies to create high quality proposals where joint expertise and contextual knowledge can benefit our clients. If you are seeking a partner with complementary skills to contribute to a project or tender, we would be delighted to discuss a collaboration.
- ibd Business Advice Group Ltd is a network of associate members who help business owners with practical review, specialist advice & support. Jay joined ibd as an Accredited Adviser in December 2013 and in December 2014 was invited to be ibd's Training Manager.
- Jisc is the UK's expert on digital technologies for education and research. Belanda Consulting has contributed evaluation services & support to a wide range of institutional projects for large-scale development programmes, including Curriculum Design & Delivery, Business & Community Engagement, and Digital Literacies.
- Oxford Centre for Staff and Learning Development (OCSLD) is one of the UK’s largest and most established providers of staff and educational development for further & higher education.
- SD Consulting. Independent expert adviser in economic development and regeneration to business and government.
- Consulting Inplace. Consulting Inplace is a national economic and social policy consultancy with expertise in communities, economies, skills and enterprise. Originally established as part of West Midlands Enterprise Limited (WM Enterprise), the company now employs 22 consultants working for a wide range of clients across the UK in the public, voluntary and private sectors.
- FGS McClure Waters Management Consultancy division. FGS is Ireland’s largest indigenous financial advisory firm. FGS has recently joined RSM International, the worldwide audit, tax and consulting network of independent firms, extending their global reach and technical capabilities for clients.
- Strategic Consult & C. An independent provider of social research and consultation services to the Public and Voluntary sectors, founded by Charlotte Pearson. Supports organisations to develop strategies, carry out social research or engage in consultation and participation activities.